Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to All.

If I only had pine nuts. And natural chicken broth. I forgot to pick these items up at the store when I was shopping for ingredients for stuffing (INO - we don't actually stuff the turkey). I still make a mean-ass righteous goodness stuffing that beats anyone anything anyhow anyway.

My stuffing rocks - it's the stuff of 10 years of annual development.

I had a bunch of revelations (or they could be delusions) that black doesn't exist except for the absence of light and the pigment of black, and that love can save the world, except the most deranged people whose minds are terribly abnormal and does not respond to normal stimuli.

I know, the black thing is perfectly true and obvious, but as I stared intently at the choir's smocks against the black pants, I realized how true this was. The shadows of the multiple layers of lights create not a shade of gray, but a shade of color that is darker or lighter, imbued by atmospheric tones.

As for the love conquers all idea...the bottom line for what drives most of us, is in fact love. Love would drive us to do things we couldn't or wouldn't do, it drives us crazy, fills us with temporary insanity, to perform acts of courage beyond our abilities, and to persevere with great patience. Used properly, love can will people to do good things...and that is the point.

Anyway, Merry Christmas...and if you don't believe in Christmas...have a lovely day off and enjoy this day of Winter.

No comments: