Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Donald's 10 Bigliest Quotes From the Debate


  1. "I think that I've developed very, very good relationships over the last [pause] little while with the African-American community." -- Last little while. The honesty of that sentence is hilarious. How long have you been cultivating these relationships with African-Americans? The last little while.
  2. "I am very underleveraged." -- Brags no one, ever, in investments. It's almost a hit against his cred for Donald to declare that he's "very underleveraged". When you go to the bank for a mortgage, you don't put 90% down, do you? Great value for the lender but terrible value for you!
  3. "When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows?" -- What? That's quite the incomprehensible statement, don't you think? Delete his attempts to ameliorate, and you get this: "I said I don't know, maybe, who knows?" But what he actually said is, "Yeah, I guess so. I wish the first time it was done correctly."
  4. "Now, in all fairness to Secretary Clinton -- yes, is that OK? Good. I want you to be very happy. It's very important to me." -- If that's a priority for Donald, I'm pretty sure Hillary would be very happy if you quit. So, too, would the vast majority of people in the world.
  5. " I think I should -- you go to her website, and you take a look at her website." -- Priceless promotion of your opponent's website! But look at that Freudian slip, when he initially started off suggesting that he needed to go to her website.
  6. "How much? How much for my family?" -- Asked Donald as he interrupted Hillary while she explained how Donald's tax plan benefits his family. He never corrected her assertion that his tax plan would give him a $4B tax benefit, by the way.
  7. "It's not negotiable, no." After offering to release his tax returns if Hillary released her emails, Holt asked Donald if that meant that releasing his tax returns were in fact negotiable. Worst. Negotiator. Ever.
  8. "That makes me smart." -- On not paying income taxes for several years. Translation: You're all idiots for paying income taxes. What a braggadocious jerk! Speaking of braggadocious people...
  9. "I have a tremendous income, and the reason I say that is not in a braggadocious way." -- English as a second language, yes? I cannot adequately describe how inept his language and communication skills are. Just push his buttons and he loses all ability to speak clearly.
  10. "Hillary will tell you to go to her website and read all about how to defeat ISIS, which she could have defeated by never having it, you know, get going in the first place." -- You can't defeat something that never existed. Amusingly, his poor choice of words gives credence to her plan to defeat ISIS.
This is why I couldn't stop laughing during the first debate. He is a gaffe machine like no other in history.


BONUS QUOTE: When asked by Holt if he would accept the outcome if Hillary won, he rambled on:
"The other day, we were deporting 800 people. And perhaps they passed the wrong button, they pressed the wrong button, or perhaps worse than that, it was corruption, but these people that we were going to deport for good reason ended up becoming citizens. Ended up becoming citizens. And it was 800. And now it turns out it might be 1,800, and they don't even know."

Of course, that was completely unresponsive to Holt's basic question, but more than that, he completely got his story mixed up. That's so Donald.

No comments: