Monday, July 12, 2010

Some brief thoughts...musically speaking.

From Green Day's Holiday:
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."
And from GD's American Idiot:
"Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along to the age of paranoia.
And from their Longview:
"Call me pathetic, call me what you will
My mother says to get a job
But she don't like the one she's got."
From GD's Know Your Enemy:
"Do you know the enemy
Do you know your enemy
Well gotta' know the enemy.

Overthrow the effigy
The vast majority
We're burning down the foreman of control."
And finally, from their 21 Guns:
"Do you know what's worth fighting for?
When it's not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?
Does the pain weigh out the pride?
And you look for a place to hide?"
Skip over to Nirvana's In Bloom:
"He's the one, he likes all our pretty songs,
And he likes to sing along,
And he likes to shoot his gun,
But he knows not what it means.
Knows not what it means when I say."
And to Nirvana's Come as You Are:
"Come, as you are, as you were, as I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy
Take your time, hurry up, the choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest, as a friend, as an old."

Yeah, that's how I feel right now.

No comments: