Thursday, July 29, 2010

Did you download Jackeey Wallpaper from the Android Market?

According to mobile security firm Lookout, the Jackeey Wallpaper app is a malware sending private information to a developer named iceskysl@1sters! and a website - imnet.us - that is owned by someone in Shenzen, China. According to Mobile VentureBeat, data being sent includes "your browsing history, text messages, your phone’s SIM card number, subscriber identification, and even your voicemail password."



And apparently, somewhere between 1.1M and 4.6M people have downloaded this wallpaper app.



Lookout discovered the malware during the development of their App Genome Project which looked at 300,000 apps between the iPhone and Android platforms.



I don't use third-party wallpapers, because, well, I don't need em when I've got my own pictures...I still don't get that...why people use third-party wallpapers...or ring tones.


Anyone freaked out yet?

No comments: