Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Republicanism, Explained

72 years ago a prescient (and very talented) Irving Berlin wrote, "Anything You Can Do". Today, it perfectly describes the Republican Party's dogma, and specifically, Donald:



Anything you can do,
I can do better
I can do anything
Better than you.
No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can,
Yes, I can!

Anything you can be
I can be greater.
Sooner or later,
I'm greater than you.
No, you're not. Yes, I am.
No, you're not. Yes, I am.
No, you're NOT!. Yes, I am.
Yes, I am!

Anything you can buy
I can buy cheaper.
I can buy anything
Cheaper than you.
Fifty cents?
Forty cents! Thirty cents?
Twenty cents! No, you can't!
Yes, I can,
Yes, I can!

Oh, the vanity and egotism! By any measure, Donald just screwed the pooch and underwhelmed in Singapore in his dealing with NK.

No comments: