Thursday, November 10, 2011

Open letter to Netflix: Quit f'ing with us.

I've hardly touched my TV-connected DVD player in the last two years.  As odd as it may be, I really love watching movies on my bed, from my computer which is connected to a 24" LCD screen, or on my bed, with my 17.3" laptop.

But you see, you're f'ing with me, because you've been shipping a lot of discs with strict DRM controls that prevent me from playing DVDs from my computer.

STOP IT.

Or else I'm dumping you.  You're wasting my money and my time, and I'm not going to stand for this crap much longer, after having to endure all the crap you've thrown at us this past year.


Update 11-12-2011: Netflix appears to KNOW that it is shipping DRM-controlled discs.  If you ask for a new disc due to the first one being unplayable, on the second disc it does not give you an option to select "damaged disc" as an option to request a replacement.

Also, their site seems to have some issues, briefly allowing me to stream movies, even though I'm only subscribing to DVDs -- it makes one wonder if their site was hacked, or simply weakly secured???

Try this: Go to this link that appears to take you directly to Instant Watch page.  Netflix continues to track you on your Instant Watch list, even after dropping the streaming service months ago!

Big fail.

No comments: