Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mixed bag.

Well, found out that the washing machine part that's broken is a bearing that sits inside the bell assembly, and a new one would be $284. The repair guy and I talked it over a few scenarios, and we came up with basically two options: find the cheapest used machine or the cheapest new machine.

As it turned out, later the next day he called and said that he found an exact match machine that someone was going to throw away (motor died) but the bell assembly was still good and he'd negotiated $50 for it for me if I wanted it. With his $100 to pop it in there, it would cost me $150, which is still cheaper than buying a used or new machine. I like this solution the best.

Also found out the other day that another friend just got laid off. I think we're in the process of developing a Fridays Ikea breakfast morning for unemployed friends. Maybe I'll start a meetup thing for unemployed networking Ikea breakfast...um...then again, they might not like that.

No comments: