Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Last Night's Dream

True story

I exceedingly overslept today, as I was chasing down a dream, one that, fortunately, did not involve free fallin. Instead, it was a dream about a workplace where, despite my desire to stay there, people stared at me with the unspoken demand, don't come around here no more. I ended up following some coworkers to speak to them about how things were. They told me yer so bad. I responded that you don't know how it feels, that I need to explain how things got this way.

Then I woke up.

I told myself, you got lucky that it wasn't real. But then I questioned myself, why would I try to save a job that I felt uncomfortable at? I've always been disinclined to beg. My motto is, it's good to be king, and by that, I mean that my choices are not constricted. I can -- and have always felt -- walk away at any time from any job. This freedom of choice is priceless.

Anyway, RIP Tom Petty.

No comments: