Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Best Pancake Recipe

I don't really do recipes so much as I eyeball stuff while figuring things out.

My dog loves pancakes but wheat flour seems to disagree with him. The choice is, either he gets a tiny amount of wheat flour pancakes or I end up cleaning up what I refer to as liquid nightmares. I don't know the science behind his body's rejection of wheat flour, but it definitely exists.

So then, I found a couple of viable substitutes: pea flour (chickpea) and sweet rice flour (mochiko).

Roughly speaking, this is the eyeball recipe.

Mixed together
1 egg
1/4 cup of half-n-half
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

Add as much sweet rice flour to thicken to the consistency needed.

That's it.

I even use this same recipe for muffins, with the exception of slightly more sugar and the addition of some melted butter.

Totally awesome.

No comments: