Friday, April 28, 2017

Yes, Donald Really Said This.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going ... This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

Five Thoughts on Donald's Lamentations:
  1. Donald is transcendent, capable of floating from a previous life to this one -- clearly a better being than the rest of us. This explains last week's quote, "I want to thank you and I want to god bless America."
  2. I can't decide if this is a case of "Ruh roh!" or "Duh, D'oh!" Maybe it's both.
  3. The grass is always greener on the other side. But you should see their water bill. Don't worry though, as Donald will "negotiate" a better deal on water -- instead of paying $100 he'll pay $50 (before the water gets shut off, forcing him to pay the $50 connection fee, the $5 processing fee, the $5 late payment fee, and of course the remainder of his balance.)
  4. I'd go so far as to suggest that Donald wants to be impeached just so that he can go back to playing golf and watching cable TV instead of making existential decisions. The problem with this strategy, of course, is that Republicans remain reluctant to give him an out and impeach him, and his base is so profoundly dumb that they support anything he says.
  5. This is the fourth or fifth direct quote from Donald, complaining about the job, and he hasn't reached 100 days. Only time will tell if this will age into a fine whine or turn into sour grapes.

No comments: