Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hurry: April 1st H&R Block Tax Software Price Drop

I never do my taxes early, unless you count the day before they're due as early. Having said that, I set up price tracking on the version of H&R Block Tax software that I use, via The Tracktor, and it notified me today that the price had dropped.

The Deluxe version (no state) if you're crazy enough to buy it at a brick and mortar store, is usually priced at $34.99. At Amazon, the price fluctuates from $19.99 to $24.99, but very rarely lower. I missed out on the previous discounts at $19.99, so I set up sub-$20 price tracking; lo and behold, I got an even better price!
$13.99!


Oregon's equivalent of the federal 1040 is extremely simple, so I never get the Federal+State, but that's also discounted. I'd rather have two coffees and two donuts than spend the extra $6.
$19.99



Their Premium+State version is directed at those who are self-employed and rental property owners, but the Deluxe one that I use essentially covers those items. The primary difference between the Deluxe and Premium when it comes to self-employment is that you need to figure out your own SE Tax, print, and send it yourself, finding the info on the IRS' website yourself. It's not that hard.

Still, I get it, people hate having to spend time navigating and figuring out the SE Tax on their own, so that's why they get the Premium version. It saves you about 1/2 - 1 hour.

$29.99



There's a Premium+Business, but let's be honest here, if you have a business and the Deluxe version is inadequate, you probably need to step up and get yourself an accountant.

If you're even thinking about buying the basic version, don't. Just use the free, online version.

One last note: This offer ends tonight at Midnight, meaning that on April 2, 12:00.01 am is too late.

No comments: