Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The LA Coliseum's Peristyle

Well over a decade ago, I had one important request of bequeathment to my father: That I get to keep all of his slides and negatives. No one else in the family shared the same passion for photography as we did, so I knew that no one would object. I grew up around his workplace, much of the time in the dark room, so I was probably the only one who fully appreciated the extent of his photographic interest.

Over time, I'll get to posting more images from his body of work, but I thought I would share this one image taken in the late 50s, of the Los Angeles Coliseum's peristyle. Notice the ziggurat of City Hall in the background?


He used a Rollei and 6x6 / 120 film most of the time, but also used a series of Nikon cameras. I regret that he never gave me his Rollei, but he did give me his Nikon FE2 in 1984 -- the start of my lifelong pursuit of photography.

No comments: