Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Nexus 5 shipped on Friday.

I got the email notice on Friday evening that my phone just shipped.  I cheaped out on the shipping, selecting 3-5 day (ground) rather than 2 day (air).  I figured if the difference is just a couple of days, why bother -- I'm still getting it by next week Thursday.  It'd be a lot sooner if the inventory warehouse was in SF instead of Kentucky.

Not that my GS-II is bad.  I still love the 7 home screens, and the hardware remains more than acceptable.  But it's now fallen outside of the 18-month window of updates, the battery requires daily (or more) recharging, and I don't like the bloatware on it.  Frankly, I don't see the point of Samsung's KIES software either, since everything is backed up somewhere else (contacts, emails, photos, etc).

But heck, just to show up iPhone 5S fanbois is reason enough, right? 

Excited!  :D

No comments: