Saturday, March 5, 2011

HTTPS and roaches.

First, Google's enabled HTTPS on embedded videos; somewhat moot if your site isn't HTTPS itself, though.  For instance, I could embed HTTPS video here on this blog, but blogspot doesn't enable HTTPS for blogs.

Second, came across this hack, and I thought it was disturbing.  It's a forceful electrical impulse trigger to direct an insect to walk in a particular direction.  It's troubling, because I loathe to think how easily a higher being can find it amusing to manipulate the mind of a lower being.  Biomimicry is one thing, hacking the minds of animals and insects are in a completely different field, and over the line of bioethics, to me.

I, for one, fear the thought of a species of higher intelligence, making the same judgment of us, and deciding that it's perfectly natural and fair to manipulate our minds as they see fit.

No comments: