Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks coach?

Minutes ago, I just read an update that Pete Carroll has handed his letter of resignation to USC. Looks like it's official and the rush is about to begin. I know that many people are feeling anxious about replacing someone who is no doubt going to become a legend at USC, but this has the opportunity to breath new life into the program on the heels of a 9-4 season. I know, a 9-4 season is one that most teams would love to have, but this is not just any program; USC is all about football, Heisman trophies and national championships. There is little tolerance for failure at USC.

Good luck Pete; Seattle Seahawks are one of my favorite NFL teams, so I'm glad you're going there.

And with the beginning of a search, let's hope they find someone that has the same fire as Pete, and will assume the mantle without a dropoff on intensity. We'll need it to keep the recruits from bolting.

Fight On.

No comments: