Saturday, January 10, 2009

Been a while!

To catch up:

1. Got laid off in the second week of November.
2. Got enough savings to last at least a full year, but I'm hoping to keep enough savings to invest in stocks soon.
3. Started producing designs for my Cafepress shop, and will probably produce some designs for my Shapeways shop (not yet set up). Produced three cards, two of which were specifically for Christmas (for friends and family).
4. Bought upgrade to Adobe CS4 Design Premium.
5. Learning Revit.
6. Studying - slowly - the ARE exams, but specifically history first.
7. Got a G1 Android-based phone last October. Works really great, except for some slowness from certain programs.
8. Started subscribing to Netflix right after getting laid off - works well to pass some of the empty time away without going out and spending money.
9. Started subscribing to eMusic last April, but I might be throttling that back to cut down on some expenses. At $19.99 for 75 mp3 downloads, I've already built up quite a lot of music on my computer already. :)
10. Been watching the progress of Clearwire's Clear. Might take the plunge later this year for $30/month for 4 Mbps DL + $4.99/month for modem rental.
11. Back to my Cafepress store...thinking of upgrading it to a professional store, but need to stack a whole bunch of designs to make it worth it.
12. Started taking a whole bunch more photos with my - now old - D70S Nikon camera. Am thinking of buying either the D40X or the D90. Leaning to the D90, as it has 12 megapixels, and I need that much to produce 11x14 high quality prints.
13. Looking to buy a tablet computer or a laptop, but thinking I might have to put that off for another year.
14. Instead, I might just continue to upgrade my workstation with newer hardware...with 2 dual-xeon cores running at 3.2 Ghz / 1066 FSB, I'm still ahead of the curve.


Was that a long enough list to catch up on life?

No comments: