Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Terror Dream

Ever since my BFF recounted dreams where she believes a demon has taken over her body and made her immobile -- apparently this is a thing, called sleep paralysis -- I've been having them, too. Except, mine are a lot weirder than hers ever could be as they have an exceptional clarity to them, allowing me to recount them in detail.

Just now, I just had one of them and I'm going to recount it for you.

The first part is a fragment of a dream where I'm driving in a very odd manner, doing a U-turn but doing it badly, getting hit but not getting injured. The next thing I can recollect is that I'm walking on the sidewalk avoiding traffic as I'm walking home. That's where the second part of the dream -- the disconcerting portion -- occurs.

I'm in a small, light beige colored bedroom, dimly lit by an incandescent light. It could be a white room, but because of the incandescent light, it feels like it's beige. Anyway, there are clothes to be folded, currently laid out on the bed, next to a suitcase and a dresser. The dresser is a dark brown color, I think it is a dark-stain oak. I don't quite remember the color of the suitcase, but it feels vintage with a faux rattlesnake pattern but in a dark brown color.

It feels like a sad moment, and like most sad moments I felt tired, so I decided to lay down on the bed -- the left side. But once I lay down (face down of course, because that's how I was actually sleeping), I felt my body immobilized. Then, a young girl is next to me. Of course, I can't really tell what she looks like, but I know it's a young girl because of her voice.

She says something, which then causes me to repeat it back.
As I said
In my head
He is dead
to me.
I can feel that as I'm saying this, I'm struggling to get up and my words are starting to slur in the struggle. I did not say the last two lines correctly. I'm trying to communicate a separate message to her, to get out of my head and body, but because I cannot move my body and I can only speak what she wants me to speak, I can only think it, repeatedly.

She repeats her last two lines, which then, is followed by my repetition of her words -- it is the primary reason, in fact, that I can recall them with precision.
He is dead
to me.
At that point, I am able to lift my head up and tell her to get out.

And that's when I wake up.

Amazing dream, huh?

No comments: