Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Other design work.

Yeah. So, I do a lot of other design work.

This one is a preliminary 3D porcelain espresso cup, with the concept of a cup that a blind person could easily use, by way of sliding his / her hand along the table to feel the base, then sliding their hand up to where the tactile bumps are. The angled base also allows a blind person to find it again, when resting their cup, while preventing accidental spills.

This is what I do. Unfortunately, as I've mentioned, the 3D printed porcelain is a two-step process, so it's taking a really long time to get to production and back to me. I've got it ordered in celadon green, which should look really cool when filled with espresso, if you're not visually-impaired. If on the other hand you are blind, I think the tactile feel of the cup and the base will be an enjoyable experience. The only downer here, is that it's really, really, really expensive to print this.

Oh well, this isn't about mass production, anyway.

No comments: