Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pizza Hut.

Been seeing their ads on TV, they advertise it as their regular price menu in the weekly ads I get in the mail.

So, I was going to order a couple of large pizzas from Pizza Hut online for $10, until I discovered that I couldn't.  Turns out, they charge anywhere between $1 and $3 more than advertised.  Also, found out that it costs you an extra dollar if you order their "Hawaiian" pizza, as opposed to building one with the same ingredients.

Ended up going with Domino's, because the price total with delivery charge (which was also much lower than Pizza Hut's) was about $5 cheaper.

Hopefully Dominos improved their quality as they purport in their ads, but for sure, not buying from Pizza Hut, if they're using deceptive advertising.

UPDATE: Domino's "crunchy-thin" crust turned out to be pretty good. The crust was cracker-like and very thin, and won't fill you up like a traditional hand-tossed crust. 1/8th of a large pizza thin crust will save you 60 calories over hand-tossed. Worthy alternative to me, since I love the toppings more than the doughy crusts anyway.

No comments: