Friday, October 24, 2014

Over a week without posting -- here's the summary

Friday, October 17: Damn, all this sneezing and chills with a slight pain over my whole body makes me think I might either have caught the flu or a rhinovirus.  Shutting down everything and sheltering in bed.

Saturday, October 18: Still sneezing, getting congested, still with passing chills and slight pain, but the pain is taken care of with just a couple of ibuprofen, so it doesn't seem like it's the flu.  Watched USC rip Colorado, yay!

Sunday, October 19: Watched the Seahawks lose -- I had a feeling this might happen, actually.  They have greater difficulty winning on the road in division games.  Cold has gotten better and not so congested.  Took a normal walk outside and felt good.  Definitely not influenza -- whew!  Must make a reminder to get my flu shot this year, because Google Trends shows an early season spike.

Monday, October 20: Ugh, here comes the dreaded cough and phlegm.  Frozen in time, not doing anything.  Just a couple of days, though.  Hopefully.

Tuesday, October 21: Throat is getting more sore and more phlegm is coming out -- this is not supposed to happen.  Uh oh.  Now, doing less than nothing and just lying around and trying to catch some sleep between coughing fits.

Wednesday, October 22: Dammit, this must be an URI (upper respiratory infection).  Throat extremely sore, even when not coughing!  Bought Chloraseptic spray with Phenol -- an analgesic to soothe the pain.  It works, but wow, I can't swallow without pain.  Might need to go see the doctor to get some cough syrup with codeine.

Thursday, October 23: Ugh, still phlegm like nuts, coughing fits like crazy, that I can't even sleep.  Or maybe it's the phenylphedrine that is keeping me up, as well?  Someone set the building's fire alarm off, which meant that I had to go outside in the cold, with my sore throat, barely able to speak at this point.  This is crazy.  At night, I thought it might have gotten a little better, though.  Still, had to decline my participation in tomorrow's Q-A tour at the radio station project.

Friday, October 24: Forget it, I'm going to the doctor.  I don't want to risk having to go to Urgent Care over the weekend.  Will definitely need antibiotics at this point, as the phlegm is not showing signs of receding and throat is really sore.  Great, now I just got a nose bleed from the phenlyphedrine and the AC in the car (phenylphedrine: half the efficacy of pseudophedrine, but the same side effects).  Calgon take me away.

And so you know what I haven't posted in over a week.  When I get sick, I stop doing stuff and zone out.

No comments: