Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Dear US Postal Service. (Updated 3x)

I'm in Portland, Oregon, not 150 miles north in Federal Way, Washington.

I just thought you'd want to know, seeing as my package has been sitting idle in Federal Way since last week Friday, gathering dust, and you've officially missed the delivery window.


Update 3/18:

Still stuck in Federal Way, WA, but I have really bad news to report. I Googled the USPS sort facility in Federal Way, and all 21 people who left a rating in Google+, has given it a 1-star, saying that this facility has either lost or significantly delayed packages. I have never seen any place with just 1-star ratings.

I sent an email to the USPS and to the Amazon seller. According to USPS's site, they may take up to 3 days to respond, which is lame.


Update 3/19:
Got a quick reply from both USPS and the Amazon seller. First, USPS. According to their own entry tracking (which is more complete than the tracking the public normally sees), the cargo container's manifest was what was scanned in Federal Way, WA, not the piece. A look up of their codes shows that in fact, this is correct.
The logical conclusion, therefore, is that there are two points at which the package could have been lost. The first -- and presumed most likely -- is that the package was dropped off at FedEx / UPS, and while in their care, they lost it or it was stolen when it was loaded into the container and sent to the USPS. The second is when it was offloaded and was either lost or stolen, thereby bypassing the package scan.

The Amazon seller offered to send a new one, but I'm trying to figure out what happened to the first one.


Update 3/20:
Last night the seller offered again to resend the item, and I agreed. This morning, I just thought to check the USPS system, and lo and behold the first package appeared to arrive in Federal Way.

Not seeing the codes for the scans, I emailed USPS to get confirmation of the package scan, and I got a response back in minutes that it was in fact actually in Federal Way, and now on to my place next Monday.

I immediately emailed the seller to not resend the item.

And now I wait.

No comments: