Thursday, December 25, 2014

10 Thoughts for Christmas, 2014

  1. T'was the night before Christmas, and I never really did do much shopping. The nieces and nephews are all grown up. Still, I've failed to complete some tasks -- I forgot to do my usual thing and send flowers to my mother. Well, I forgot to do it early, but I still managed to get them out, same-day.
  2. Funny story. Sitting that one night at Waikiki Beach with my plate lunch from Rainbows, a couple of mice were stirring, running around, hoping to pounce on my food. I let down my foot and let it be known: they weren't getting any.
  3. I was thinking about going to the midnight Mass, but then I decided that it was nicer to stay inside and watch the broadcast of the Mass in Rome, instead. It gets so crowded and if it's raining, it's a miserable time to find parking in the dark, walk to the church, and find a space if one is lucky. Did I mention the rain?
  4. I don't really have a bucket list, but if there was one thing I'd like to do, it's to go to Christmas or Easter Mass in Rome. The enormity of St. Peter's, and the sound of chanting echoing throughout the halls would be amazing, I think.
  5. True story: My brother, a lawyer, for the first time in years, actually sent me something. I've been sending them at least a card for eons. He sent it without sufficient postage, requiring me to pay the difference -- $1.43. Holiday cheers, folks!
  6. Seahawk fans with visions of Super Bowl wins in their heads. And with good reason: Nate Silver's ELO ratings show the 'hawks at the top (once again) of the NFL. Also: we can expect a crushing win on Sunday, thanks to the snub of Pro Bowl picks -- Russell Wilson's best season and he was left out.
  7. The lights went out in the Cleveland / Miami game during halftime. The Griswolds turned on their decoration lights, apparently.
  8. I've skipped decorations for the last several years; this year -- or more accurately, today -- I got them all up and lit. No big tree -- I found a cute little thing that I can grow and use for years to come.
  9. Forget the TV channel with Christmas music with the video of a fireplace. I'm watching the Chromecast plugin for Google Play Music, Fireplace Visualizer, while I stream one of my two Christmas playlists.
  10. Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all. Mele Kalikimaka.

No comments: