Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dennis Dodd, bad journalism?

I thought that CBS Sports had decent journalists, but what Dennis Dodd wrote today seems grossly unprofessional.

Dennis Dodd, a senior writer at CBSsports.com - an official partner of the NCAA no less - should have known better, when in an article today, called USC football coach Lane Kiffin a "Most Valuable Pimp."

CBS Sports, is that's how it's going to be, from now on?
"With the droolfest known as national signing day upon us, Lane Kiffin established himself as this year's recruiting MVP -- Most Valuable Pimp. That's the most literal way to put it. Kiffin hit the streets to become this silly season's most prolific collector of talent."

Where I come from, someone who is a "prolific collector of talent", is usually called a great recruiter. In Dodd's (and CBS Sports') world, I guess he's a pimp. Maybe it's me, but I think Dodd got the analogy wrong, at best.

No comments: