Thursday, May 7, 2015

5 Thoughts for May 7, 2015

  1. I stopped subscribing to emails from 1-800 Flowers. Seemed pointless to receive deals that did not apply to the zip code that my mother resides in. With Office Depot, if the price says it's on sale, then it's on sale for that same price regardless of your zip code.
  2. I had to laugh when I read this hilarious quote regarding the practices of a district manager, whose credentials were used to hack into Sally Beauty stores: "This guy was not exactly security savvy. When we got his laptop back in, we saw that it had his username and password taped to the front of it."
  3. POTUS is in town, and is going to speak at Nike tomorrow. I don't watch as much TV these days, so I totally missed the news coverage of it. I don't understand why he's staying at a hotel in downtown, right on two Max lines, though -- seems like an excessive security risk.
  4. My Nexus 5 battery is in full bonkers mode, now, and without a software bug fix in sight. One minute it's fine, the next minute it shuts down and says that there's no battery. Then I plug it in and it says it's got 33% juice left, but then suddenly shuts down and says it has 1% left. One hour later and it's at 100%. So, I bought a new battery via Amazon. Not the simplest battery to replace, but there's lots of videos to show how.
  5. So, I finally figured out how to make great pizza bread. It comes down to using Ragu's Old Style Tomato and Basil pasta sauce. I use shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced olives, and pepperoni, on thin-sliced sourdough bread, toasted in my toaster oven on high for 6 minutes. Voila, best pizza bread. I used to use regular, sliced wheat bread, but the sourdough makes it special. Plus, the sour dough, assuming you buy the good sour dough and not the faked one, is good for your digestive system. What is faked sourdough? It is bread that gets its sourness through vinegar or some sort of acid, rather than fermentation. In the case of Safeway's "San Francisco Style" Sourdough, it's Fumaric Acid.

No comments: