Thursday, February 19, 2015

Still busy.

An update of what's going on with my To Do List:
  • Mounted the IKEA hardware in my bathroom. Looks good when you match stainless steel fixtures with stainless steel screws.
  • Dropped off bulbs and batteries. It turns out the local franchises of Batteries+ now charges per bulb. Will have to start dropping them off at Home Depot instead! Also dropped off empty printer cartridges at the Office Depot.
  • Sold my IKEA shoe rack just over an hour ago for $5. More than anything, I wanted to get rid of it as it was taking up space. I also sold my unused kitchen sink faucet a minute ago -- bonus! Two CLers who aren't flakes!
  • Bought Super 77, spray-glued the IKEA Projs pad to the drafting board and trimmed the edges. Looks good. Whatever you do, don't leave hot beverages on the Projs surface, as it'll warp!
  • Recycled old paint and bought 1-gallon Metro paint at Miller Paint, Espresso and Desert -- going as green as I can get. It's a test to see how the sheen and colors look. There are stark variations between Metro, Miller Paint and the different forms of media used to showcase the colors available, so I have to do a test section. Paint odor seems roughly the same as the Benjamin Moore Ben interior line, that I used to paint the closet, though the Ben is supposed to be zero VOC while this one is roughly 91 g/L. At $11 a pop + change for recycling fee, the two paints combined was in the ballpark of ~$25. If you've bought paint lately, you know how cheap that is -- I hope the color works so that I can use them.
Pretty much everything going as scheduled. Slowly but surely, I'm clearing out my place for a more efficient space (and desperately trying to avoid becoming a pack rat).

By the way, I checked and the LVT boxes were 41lbs each, so I was really close when I wrote that they were probably ~45lbs each.

No comments: