Friday, February 20, 2015

Now, really busy.

I've only time to do a super short post.

  • Serendipity is when the paint color you picked out over a year ago happens to end up matching the Metro recycled paint within a tiny margin. Bliss is when the other paint from Metro is richer but perfectly matched, tonally, to your other Metro paint. Did a sample section, and it looks really sweet.
  • Spilled about a half-pint of paint on the carpet, and spent two hours cleaning it up, which is slightly amusing because the very area I spilled onto, will be replaced by the LVT I bought, earlier this week.
  • Frog Tape really does work, much better than the old blue paint masking tape. Thank goodness I grabbed it a couple of years ago, in anticipation of repainting my place.
  • So far with the LVT and the paint, I'm in the 'green' (heh) on residential LEED, if it mattered. The only thing that matters to me, is trying to renovate while being as environmentally conscious (and cheap) as possible.
  • Sister is coming in from Phoenix, and the plane was delayed for 1 1/2 hours. Funny how on Portland Airport's site, it says that it was cancelled (it was not).
  • Started ripping the rest of the CD collection, and uploading them to my Google Music cloud. I've moved to using Foobar to convert to FLAC, instead of using Winamp, and I really like Foobar. I'd installed Foobar previously, so that I could convert FLAC to MP3s, and have grown to love the ease of Foobar.
  • Last night, I tried to shop at Safeway before it closed. When I got there, apparently their computer systems were down, so they couldn't do any transactions, including cash. I suppose anything is possible, but I'm expecting it to be a hack (DDOS attack as a diversion), which is just one more reason why you should use a debit card with limited funds (Google Wallet!) which also sends you immediate alerts, following every transaction. I suppose it could have also been a cut line, a bad drive or something else...but I'm sticking with the hack theory.
  • This was the end of my 15 minute break.

No comments: