Thursday, April 21, 2016

RIP Prince

Prince is dead.

My top-10 favorite Prince tunes:
  1. Kiss
  2. Raspberry Beret
  3. Controversy
  4. Erotic City
  5. When Doves Cry
  6. 1999
  7. Delirious
  8. Let's Go Crazy
  9. 7
  10. Let's Pretend We're Married
Other than the top two, it was not easy building a top-10 list because it meant leaving out some great songs. Purple Rain, for instance, is a classic but it wasn't in my top-10. I love Alphabet St, Baby I'm A Star and Sign O' The Times, too, and they're in my essential 33 Prince songs playlist, but not in my top-10.

Point is, Prince made a lot of great music (and some really awesome videos!)

It's a shame that Prince tightly controlled his digital music, such that the only means of streaming his music online is via Tidal. Otherwise, I would have built a publicly-accessible playlist.

Long live Prince.


ADD: Favorite song and video, Kiss.


No comments: