Tuesday, August 4, 2015

5 Thoughts for August 4, 2015

  1. How can an item be listed in Amazon Marketplace as "good" condition, if it doesn't come with a power adapter, cords, and manual? If this were a camera lens listing, it'd be shown as a "bargain". I'm looking at used modems, and it boggles the mind that Amazon allows third parties to list these items as "good" condition, when they're missing critical items, and as a result, haven't been tested. Nuts! FTR, I'm currently having a really bad run with the Amazon Marketplace, that I'm thinking it's time to stop shopping from there.
  2. Fanboys are hilariously defensive. I'm in an online argument on an Oregon Ducks fan site, arguing that USC doesn't have a drop-off in talent, just because George Farmer and Nelson Agholor left. The article's author is up in arms, saying that Oregon's players are more talented than USC's. I've got him so riled up, he's gone off the deep end trashing USC players. Nothing quite like tweaking people who take things way too seriously. Sports fanboys are on the same level as Apple fanboys -- easily riled, completely irrational, and highly uncritical of one's self.
  3. You can get a 55" OLED TV for significantly under $2K now, but it's only 1080p. I'm waiting for the 4K OLEDs to come down to roughly $1600, which will take a year or two. Until then, my plasma TV is still better than anything else out there (LCD TVs backlit /sidelit by LEDs). Hopefully they're not curved, though -- I hate curved TVs as they stick out when you mount them on the wall, especially if you want to recess them.
  4. Currently listening to: Ultimate Party Sing-Alongs Radio on Google Music. It's loaded with party songs from the last 30 years, from Michael Jackson and Duran Duran to Britney Spears, Sublime and Coolio. If you like a wide range of music, this one's fun to listen to...could almost be a karaoke channel.
  5. Just two weeks ago, I wrote ahead of the poll data, that contrary to most pundits' predictions of a decline, Trump's numbers would increase, following his criticism of McCain. Seeing that he's now cemented his double-digit lead (you might even say that he's crushing the competition), I'm curious to watch the first GOP debate, because Americans have basically given Trump a green light to make the debate into a reality-TV show -- that is, if any of the candidates dare go after Trump during the debate with a direct attack. FYI, two weeks back when I analyzed his candidacy and determined that Trump's numbers would increase rather than decrease, I also considered how to undermine his candidacy; I've been holding back on revealing this, because I rather enjoy the fireworks on display. :D 

No comments: