Friday, August 28, 2015

5 Thoughts for Augest 27, 2015

  1. This has to be some sort of record. Hurricane Ignacio may approach near the Big Island on Monday, and Hurricane Jimena is following just about 4 days behind it. That's some 5 storms in just over a month that come within 1000 miles of Hawaii and whose effects are felt.
  2. The 'trade Kam Chancellor' talk is heating up. Look at it this way: Trading him is going to result in huge returns -- at least a 1st-round pick for 2016 with a bunch of lower picks, or a mix of picks and a pretty good player. I think this coming weekend's preseason game makes all the difference: IF Shead and Bailey continue to show growth and perform at a high level, Carroll and Schneider will be inclined to go with them and trade Chancellor the following week. At USC, he was fun to watch because you knew he'd bring the boom, but that he was often in position to make that interception. His leaving early was a reaction to Sarkisian getting the job instead of Orgeron -- and it was an error -- but if he gets to start the regular season for Seattle, it'll all be worth it. Now that everyone knows he's going to start the game against SD, fans will be tuned in to see who he is.
  3. For months Netflix has been bypassing every one of the DVDs in my queue that are on a short / long waiting list. So I gave them the middle finger and removed the half of my queue that didn't have a waiting period. Next Monday, we'll see what happens.
  4. Three days after US stock markets tumbled and many people freaked out, the Dow Jones Industrials is now 1.18% higher than when it closed last Friday. That should validate my mocking of idiot conservatives who blamed Monday's plunge on Obama.
  5. I've never experienced food poisoning the way others have described it. I've never had stuff coming out from both ends at the same time, ever, and I've never had bloody stool. I've never had a purge event last for more than a day. I'm thinking maybe people might want to eat my poop to populate their bodies with my gut bacteria -- I have an iron stomach. Heh.
+5 Quick Links
  1. Ted Cruz' recent actions remind me of a Bunny Suicide.
  2. Oscar Mayer recall: Turkey Bacon. I do not recall liking turkey bacon.
  3. Sept 27 - Closest lunar perigee of 2015, and also lunar eclipse.
  4. Sept 1 - NFL rosters cut to 75. GTK.
  5. In China, anything can be faked, including Goldman Sachs.

No comments: