Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Photo(s) of the day, October 8, 2014

Technically, these were taken two days ago, and I only just now pulled them off my memory card from my camera.  I rushed to get to Smith and Bybee Lakes late afternoon on Monday with the intention of getting to ride my bike and exploring with my camera -- only problem is, I forgot my bike lock.  I didn't get to explore much, but I probably didn't have enough time anyway, because they close the gates at sunset, making sunset photos impossible.

Confirmed: This cheap kit zoom (75-240) lens is very soft at 240mm -- the first photo. Must buy a better lens.  I'm thinking either this Sigma 100-300 or an older Nikon 75-300.  The second photo was taken with my super wide angle Sigma 10-20 -- a lens I've had for nearly 15 years now, and hasn't ever let me down despite some of the reviews online.

Directly into the sun, the West Hills, excuse the aberration

Off the bike path, looking into a side pond

No comments: