Cam Newton prematurely left the NFL press conference stage Sunday evening, when he overheard comments from Denver's Chris Harris over the Broncos defensive plan to load the box and force the Panthers to throw the ball. Today, he offered excuses for his tantrum on Sunday:
- "I'm human." -- Where he claims to be imperfect with a glint of humility.
- "Who are you to say that your way is right?" -- But then demands that his way is the right way for him, after all.
- "I'm a sore loser." -- The admission speaks for itself, right?
- "Who likes to lose?" -- But then he offers a non sequitur.
- "You show me a good loser and Imma show you a loser." -- So he insults good losers to defend his actions.
- "It's not a popularity contest." -- And finally relieves himself of responsibilities by explaining that his motives are pure.
He can dish it, but he sure as hell can't take it. Then, despite having a day to think about it all, he offered us a plethora of excuses for his actions. That's the league's MVP.